Monday, June 13, 2016

Indomie Bite Mie

Left to right: Seaweed, Shrimp Tempura, and Barbecue Pizza flavor.
I've been curious about this product for a while and today I finally found some. Let's find out how good are they.




Review

With each package only weights 40 gr there isn't much to eat. By eyeballing I'm guessing there're about 20 pellets inside.

For better or worse, they don't taste like the instant noodle counterpart; these are pretty mild. Still, they're very dry and I'm strongly against eating it with no drinks available nearby.
Smaller than expected

Shrimp Tempura flavor
Tastes and smells shrimp-y, like the usual shrimp seasoning used in many snacks. The taste reminded me of something and I finally figured it out, this tastes just like Sumpia. It should be obvious if you think about it. This a mass of crunchy dough flavored with shrimp and sugar, it's just same darn thing! Although this one's even drier as it devoid of oil.

Seaweed flavor
You know how Taro seaweed-flavor smells? It's exactly like that. The flavor is somewhat close to Lay's seaweed flavor but sweeter. I like this one the most for having a fuller flavor than others. Still, it's rated pretty near the bottom of my list.

Barbecue Pizza flavor
Wow, between these three, this one smelled the boldest. You can totally pick the tangy smell of tomato sauce and cheese with hint of BBQ seasoning. That was a good start... that totally killed by the first bite. Despite the bold aroma this tasted tame; it's like the neighbor's chihuahua, bark so loud but no bite.


Conclusion

I don't like them and I think that's fine. After some thinking, it's clear that this was created with children in mind. These noodle pellets might be small for adults but just the right size for children. They keep the flavor mild, priced them low, use ziplock for children who rarely finish their food in one go or eating stand-still, and did you know that producer could request their product placement? These were put on child's eye-level on the isle where I bought them. I mentioned how they're very dry but I think they'll like it just fine; remember how we used to eat dry noodle like anakmas or mimi all the time when we were a kid? Parents should keep watch on their kids so they won't be dehydrated though.

Well, what do you say? Are you with me or do you think my review doesn't do enough justice to the product? Write away your thought in the comment.
Don't forget to follow and share. See you at the next review.

Manufacturer: PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk
Price range: 3,900 rupiah (Based on where I bought it. Your place might has them under different price.)
Worth to buy? No.
Who'll love this: Children.
You'll also like: Dry noodle Anakmas.

Click to enlarge.
Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.



No comments:

Post a Comment